A tax is a financial settlement obtained from both natural persons and legal entities in private law and eventually in public law according to their ability to pay, by unilateral command on permanent bases and subject to no compensation in return in order to cover public expenditures by the State, the local government or decentralized unit and involvement of the public authorities.
On the strength of the above, Muluh & Partners has a comprehensive and fully integrated tax practice comprising partners who are recognised experts and experienced practitioners. We provide a range of direct and indirect tax advice to a wide variety of clients across a range of industries. This includes advice on the structuring and execution of transactions and strategic tax planning. By being involved in transactions at an early stage, we play an important role in structuring the transaction and assisting our clients to minimise the risk of unanticipated exposures and helping them to maximise outcomes.
Many of our tax professionals have specific and leading edge practices in finance, taxable activities, tax assessment, recovery, company tax, taxable profit, tax payer and tax litigation, transfer pricing and cross border planning, real estate taxation, judicial settlement of tax disputes and dispute resolution. Many are also qualified accountants. Through our multi-disciplinary expertise, our advice is up to the minute, clear and practical and delivered by experts. We make sure that we understand our client’s business and the wider implications of each transaction. In that way, not only do we advise our clients on what is possible, we advise them on what is best.
We provide a full range of tax legal services including:
- Transactions including disposals, acquisitions and joint ventures;
- Tax planning including: inward and outward investment, holding and financing structures and group reorganizations;
- Investigations and litigation;
- Indirect tax (VAT, GST, human resources taxes and stamp duty);
- The creation of all forms of collective investment vehicles;
- Transfer pricing;
- Corporate income tax (including mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings, corporate reorganisations, employee share and option schemes, capital gains tax and general tax issues);
- Cross-border financing;
- Structured, project and asset finance (including property trusts and other managed investment schemes);
- Revenue authorities investigations and dispute resolution;
- Due diligence exercises;
- Prudential reviews;
For more information on tax issues, please do not hesitate contacting us via [email protected] or call +237 69639 4603 or +237 23342 9575.